Top 175 Scholarships For College Students
Spring Branch ISD student surprised with $100K scholarship
You might already know that you need to find some scholarships for college.
Well, youre in for a treat because Ive put together a list of the top 175 college scholarships based on web search data.
If you dont need a scholarship for college, please share this list with someone that does. Help someone believe that they can achieve their dreams.
Weve included a few badges to help you identify some features of the scholarships.
1. Fulbright Scholarship Program
The Fulbright Scholarship Program, which is named after the founder Senator J. William Fulbright, has served more than 250,000 students and teachers within the last 70 years. Providing students with unforgettable multicultural experiences, the Fulbright Scholarships offers opportunities to work with universities and other higher education institutions in other countries. Some of the disciplines include Public Health, STEM, Communications, and Journalism. Learn more
2. Excelsior Scholarship
If you are looking for tuition assistance for SUNY or CUNY colleges, the Excelsior Scholarship may be the scholarship for you. There are approximately 89 colleges that fall under SUNY and CUNY, and the Excelsior Scholarship awards up to $5,500 for qualifying programs. Some of the eligibility requirements include NYS residency and gross income of $110,000 or less. Learn more
3. The Coca-Cola Scholarship
The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation selects 150 students each year from a pool of around 100,000 applicants.
6. Hope Scholarship
Palm Beach Atlantic College Offers The Following Annual Awards:
- $2000 annually to incoming freshmen with a 3.5 GPA and 1150 SAT or 26 ACT, and to transfer students with a 3.5 GPA.
- $1000 to incoming freshmen with a 3.25 GPA and 1050 SAT or 23 ACT, and to transfer students with a 3.25 GPA.
- $2000 annually to students entering a church vocation willing to complete 45 hours of church-related ministry per semester.
Automatic Scholarships For Fall 2023
- Beginning Fall 2023 automatic scholarships will be awarded based on ACT scores OR high school core GPA, as well as other qualifying criteria. High school core GPA is calculated from the 17 core requirements of the university, and is based on a 4.0 scale.
- All first-time college students are considered for these awards with the exception of students in the schools of Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry and Law.
- Students will receive only the highest award for which they qualify, with the exception of high school graduates from the Kansas City Public School District or North Kansas City Schools who are automatically eligible for the District High School Scholarship. This award may be combined with the highest automatic award a student is eligible to receive, with the exception of the Metro Kansas City High School Award.
- To be matched with the highest possible automatic award, you must complete the UMKC application for admission by January 15 for the Fall Semester or November 15 for the Spring Semester.
Read Also: Independent Scholarships For Undergraduate Students
Best Scholarships For Gpa 40
Scholarships are a kind of encouragement for students. Especially for those students who are excellent in their studies but cannot pursue higher studies due to lack of financial help, scholarships are a medium of help and support. Some organizations provide exceptional scholarships for students with a GPA of 4.0 in the USA. A 4.0 GPA has commonly recognized as the gold standard for GPA.
In this write-up, we will highlight some of the best scholarships for GPA 4.0 in the USA. If you are determined to continue your higher studies and want to get some help, these scholarships will help you for the best. Scholarship providers normally require GPAs within 3.5 to 4.0 to bring high-performing learners. Most providers grant scholarships for high-grade students to secure their talent in the coming course of education. Give a reading to this article and choose the scholarship that meets your eligibility criteria.
- 10. Excelsior Scholarship Program
Roosevelt University Offers The Following To Freshmen Students: 549
- $1000 annually for 3.0-3.24 GPA plus ACT composite of 24 or 1000 SAT.
- $1500-$5000 for 3.25-3.49 GPA plus ACT of 22-29 or equivalent SAT.
- $3000-$6000 for 3.50-3.79 GPA plus ACT of 22-29 or equivalent SAT.
- Up to $7500 for 3.85+ GPA plus ACT composite of 27 or equivalent SAT.
- For transfers, $1000-$2000 for 3.0-3.24 GPA.
- For transfers, $2001-$3000 for 3.25-3.49 GPA.
- For transfers, 3001-$4000 for 3.5-3.74 GPA.
- For transfers, $4001-$6000 for 3.75 GPA and above.
You May Like: The Places You Go Scholarship
Competitive Awards For Both Missouri Residents And Nonresidents
Competitive award details listed below apply to students entering Fall 2023. These awards are available to students enrolling at Mizzou the first semester after high school graduation. They are renewable provided certain criteria are met. Renewal criteria are available on the Student Financial Aid website. Unless otherwise noted, none of these scholarships may be combined with any other awards.
What Is A Perfect 40 Gpa
A 4.0 is considered “perfect” as it can only be earned if you earn all A’s or A+’s in every class you take. If you get any A-‘s or lower grades your GPA will drop below a 4.0 and can never be recovered to a 4.0. You cannot have a 4.0 with any B grades. This is true for the unweighted 4.0 grade scale. If using a weighted scale, it’s possible to get a B+ in an AP class and still have a 4.0.
Also Check: How To Apply For Scholarship
Scholarships For 30 Gpa
Many scholarships consider a students grade point average as a key deciding factor. But you dont need a perfect GPA to qualify. While a 4.0 will likely open up scholarship opportunities, there are plenty of scholarships for students with lower GPA.
So, dont let your GPA stand in the way of your scholarship search. And let The University Network help you with your search. Our Scholarship Search Engine makes it easy to search by GPA, major or other categories.
Have a 3.0 GPA? Here are some of the best scholarships for you.
The scholarships listed above are just some of the best scholarships weve found for you. There are many other scholarships out there.
Use TUNs Scholarship Search Engine to find more scholarships for you.
To keep on top of new scholarships as they are offered, be sure to join the TUN Community. We will let you know about scholarships that you qualify for.
Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowships
Grad School Advice | How I Got A Full Ride Scholarship & 4.0 GPA
- All U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program 1 Indigenous individuals exercising rights associated with the Jay Treaty of 1794 individuals granted Temporary Protected Status asylees and refugees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation
- Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement and
- Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in the U.S.
- Be age 18 years old or older
- A resident of North Carolina who is a student or a parent of a student, who is currently attending or will attend a college or university in any state within 12 months of entering the Giveaway as a new or continuing student,or
- A resident of another U. S. state who is a student, or parent of student, who is currently attending or will attend a college or university in North Carolina within 12 months of entering the Giveaway as a new or continuing student
Recommended Reading: Scholarships Based On Financial Need
About Scholarships By Gpa
Scholarships can be awarded to applicants based on a variety of qualifications. For instance, a scholarship may be awarded to a student who has shown exceptional artistic talent, athletic merit, or financial need. Or, a scholarship can be awarded to a student based on their grade point average.
Grade point average criteria commonly appear in scholarship descriptions, and they require that applicants meet a minimum GPA in order to apply and be seriously considered for a scholarship. In fact, sometimes a specific grade point average may even be the only eligibility requirement for a scholarship.
While there are plenty of scholarship opportunities that do not demand a specific grade point average, high school students and college students who maintain a good academic standing are more likely to be eligible for GPA scholarships, and can therefore apply for more scholarships.
This means that your academic success can actually help fund your college expenses and even realize your future career aspirations. Students may even find that a strong academic standing can help them receive a full-ride scholarship.
That being said, there are also plenty of scholarships that recognize that grade point average is not the sole determinant of a student’s value and that any number of environmental and socioeconomic factors can affect a student’s performance.
University Of Iowa Offers The Following:
- $3,000 per year for up to four years for National Merit Finalists, National Hispanic Scholars or National Achievement Finalists that list the University as their first choice.
- $5,000 per year for up to four years for members of underrepresented groups with either an ACT composite of 25 or higher and high school rank in the top 30% or UI admission index of 130 or higher.
- One time $1000 award to students ranked first in their high school graduating class.
- $1250-$2250 a year for non-resident and international students with UI index of 129 or higher.
- At least $500 annually for Iowa students with a high school class rank in top 15%.
tuition + room and board + $1,000
Recommended Reading: University Of New Orleans Scholarships
Top Advice For Winning A Full
Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Even if you have the attributes mentioned above, there are going to be a lot of other students out there who have done just as well as you have. There are a lot more great students than there are full-ride scholarships, so you’re not going to get one unless you’re really lucky.
You’ll have a much better chance of winning scholarship money if you don’t try to get it all in one go. Think about your strengths, what you want to pursue in college, and your favorite activities, and go out and find several smaller scholarships to apply to. Though the payoff won’t be one lump sum, you’ll have much less competition and a far higher chance of success.
Can You Get A Gpa Scholarship
Anyone can get a GPA scholarship so long as they find one whose criteria they match. This means that the scholarship money from a GPA scholarship can be awarded to any high school students, college students, and/or graduate students that have the required GPA.
If you are applying for a GPA scholarship, make sure to carefully read the scholarship description before you apply. Like all scholarships, GPA scholarships may have other factors that applicants must take into account before applying. For instance, a GPA scholarship may be for applicants who participate in certain extracurricular activities, or who are from a certain city.
If you are positive that you match all of the GPA scholarship requirements, then you can apply for and potentially receive the GPA scholarship.
Don’t Miss: John B Brownie Young Scholarship
Merit Scholarships By Colorado Mesa University
Students who want to apply for entry into the Colorado Mesa University will immediately be recognized for the subsequent grants. These students do not have to fill up an extra form for applying for the scholarship. First-year undergraduates may hold up to 24 accepted college credit hours from another institution. However, learners who hold more than 24 college honours in high school will be counted for these scholarships. Foreign students and scholars with prior baccalaureate qualifications are not considered eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship earns to have high credit.
Provided by: Colorado Mesa University Eligibility: First-year studentsApply Now
Where Can I Find Unknown Scholarships
Like other scholarships, if you dont seek scholarships that are going unclaimed, you will end up not getting one.
Thus, If youre looking out for scholarships nobody applies to in 2022, you should frequent our site at World Study Portal.
We are committed to bringing the best scholarships scheme as well as other academic guides your way.
That being said, another good place to search for scholarships is on the Financial Aid Finder Scholarship Announcement Blog.
You May Like: Mcdonald’s Scholarships For Employees
Frequently Asked Questions About Unclaimed Scholarships
Why is Scholarship Money Usually Unclaimed?
Many circumstances could make the winner of a scholarship not use his scholarship funds. If thats the case, the scholarship will remain unclaimed. We can narrow this down to the following factors
- Lying on the scholarship application
- Breaking one or many rules of the scholarship.
- Changing majors thereby losing the major-specific scholarship
Do Scholarships Really go Unclaimed in 2022?
Basically, scholarships, grants, students aid programs, and FAFSA Applications receive over 10,000 applications every year. Giving a definite answer to this will possibly validate the rumor. Oops! Yes, its a rumor!
Most blogs carry the news that more than $6.6 billion dollars worth of scholarship aid goes unclaimed each year. Although this sounds legible, its totally obsolete.
Basically, this 40-year-old statistic is based on a 1976-77 academic year study by the National Institute of Work and Learning. In this study, it was stated that only about $300 to $400 million scholarship was being used each year.
So, do scholarships really go unclaimed? Yes, some. But do not count on many of them.
Develop Your Leadership Skills
How I Got a 4.0 GPA & Straight A’s in Poly
Serve your local community.
A great leader gives back, and you’ll feel so much happier in general if you’re involved in your community. Your worthy cause may even get you noticed. It will certainly amplify any college application or scholarship application you submit. Strive to spend time volunteering for at least an hour each week or a couple times each month. While you’re volunteering don’t forget to network!
Find a mentor.
Connecting with others is always a good idea, especially if he/she has the drive you seek. Find a person or two that make you want to be a better person and develop that relationship. This person should be able to provide professional, academic and personal feedback. Building rapport with your mentor is important you can go to this person when you need a strong letter of recommendation.
Apply to the smaller scholarships.
In the perfect world you’d land a full-ride scholarship to your dream college. While this is quite possible, you don’t want to find yourself a high school senior that has overlooked applying for the smaller scholarships, with no full-ride scholarship offer.Don’t overlook applying for the smaller scholarships. They can add up quickly! Also, they tend to get overlooked so your odds at winning a smaller scholarship are higher than they would be for the huge scholarships. Fastweb will do the work for you by finding scholarships that fit you all you have to do is create a profile. Make it a goal to apply for one scholarship a week!
Don’t Miss: Scholarships For Minority Nursing Students
Who Should Apply For These Scholarships
High school students who think they are the cream of the crop should apply for the scholarships listed below. You’ll see that some of them have specific requirements, such as race or location, whereas others are open to anyone.
Finally, expect to need top-notch letters of recommendation from multiple sources.
Southwest Baptist University Offers The Following:
- Will match up to $1,000 a year awarded by a student’s home church.
- $1,000 per year to students preparing for a church-related vocation.
- $1,000 per year to spouses or children of persons engaged as full-time church ministers.
- $1,000 per year to student who graduate from a Christian high school and are recommended by a counselor or school administrator.
- Also awards to any full-time student who makes an official campus visit during the academic year prior to enrolling at SBU.
Also Check: Where Do I Find Scholarships
A Word About The National Merit Scholarship
Top 1% scorers on the PSAT by state are given National Merit Semifinalist status, and can compete for finalist status and scholarships of $2,500. In addition to the $2,500 awards the roughly 7,500 National Merit Scholarship winners receive, some colleges grant additional scholarships if you list them as your first choice on your National Merit materials.
For example, Iowa State offers full tuition, while Michigan State offers a full ride to these individuals. Some colleges, such as Washington State, even offer additional scholarships to National Merit finalists and semifinalists.
For more information about National Merit, see our post: What is National Merit? How do I Qualify?
College Of Engineering And Physical Sciences Industry Scholarship
- First-Year Applicants to the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Variable each scholarship covers a significant portion of a students tuition, fees, and room & board for four years of undergraduate education at UNH.
How to apply:
- Early action applicants who are competitive for the CEPS Industry Scholarship will receive an email inviting them to apply shortly after they receive their admit decision to a major within UNHs College of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- All finalists will be invited to participate in a Zoom video interview as part of the scholarship review process in early March.
- Applicants will be notified of the results by mid-March or early April.
Criteria and restrictions:
Recommended Reading: Scholarships For Louisiana Seniors 2022
Furman Universityoffers The Following:
|National Merit/National Achievement finalists who indicate Furman as their first-choice college may be eligible for a renewable university-sponsored scholarship||$1000|